January 11, 2013

Crossing the START line

....And i'm off!   Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time.  My work out plan hadn't started off at all as I had hoped because JD had to pick up extra on call shifts since there were some major changes at his job.  So this week has been a bust!  So i only went one time this week, so far.  I'm hoping to get in another work out tonight.

My workout was brief because I asked if my mom would be willing to sit with Donovan for a bit longer.  Traffic was a nightmare getting home, but was a blessing in disguise because the sun set was an amazing thing to take in.  I was rushing to get to the end of Harborside so i could catch several pictures before it completely went down ...yes, i'm that crazy woman on the causeway with her camera as I drive.   Here are some shots i took.  The sun was HUGE....just absolutely enormous!





 I was running on E with diesel in the hubby's truck.  So I had to stop and fill it up.  I really dislike when you pull in at the ONLY diesel pump and the person parked at said pump isn't even pumping diesel fuel.  So I sat and waited for the guy to get his corner store hot dog and soft drink, pay the lady inside, and then proceeded to come pump his fuel while he decided to talk on the phone as he stood at the pump.  Geez, man don't you see the warnings about electricity and pumping gas while talking on your phone?!?!? 

I finally got enough gas to get to the gym, but had to stop home first to change.  Made it to the gym and got in a really strenuous workout ...at least strenuous enough since i haven't been to gym in forever.  Since I ran late getting to the gym from when i originally planned and didn't want my parents watching Donovan longer than they had to, I only got in a 30 min workout.  It's better than nothing, right?

So big pat on the back for me.  I'm going to be far better prepared next week so that I can really maximize my visits.  I was pleased with the updates the college has made to their facilities.  Very nice for the price i paid for a semester membership, and it wasn't all that crowded either!  BONUS!!!!!

Here's a few shots I took before I left to head home.





Here's to knocking off some major (lbs) this year,

No comments: