My heart has been very heavy since this afternoon. As I'm sure many of you may have heard about little miss Avery, the baby who was diagnosed with SMA around Easter. If you haven't, you must stop by this precious baby's blog and learn about her and her family.
I suppose God had bigger plans for miss Avery as he decided to take her home yesterday. She left this earth with a smile and impacted so many people in such a short period of time. I still am amazed at the impact her blog made!! Over a million views in such a short time...talk about the power of social networking and the Internet.
Avery's small amount of time here on earth I'm sure taught many people different lessons. Her main goal, to impact those unaware of SMA...but for me, the lessons I've taken away are: to love a little more unconditionally, enjoy the small things in life, find the positive in each day, hug the ones you love and tell them you love them, count your blessings every day and thank God for his mercy and his unconditional love for us, trust God's will, rely on prayer, always have compassion for others (you never know what someone is going through), and savor every moment life and the Lord gives you.
With the PPD I've experienced in the last few months, Avery's story has really impacted how I view life and where I'm at right now mentally. Stories like hers always tug at your heart strings, but it hits a little closer to home now being a parent myself.
My thoughts always gravitate back to Avery's family and how they find the strength to get through the obstacles since Avery's diagnosis, and now how they will get through her passing. I know that God never gives you more than you can handle. He must know Avery's family is quite strong because I would feel crushed. If we can't take anything more away from Avery's story...let it be to love & live life with purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment