April 2, 2012

Our trip to 1st Monday

This past weekend we made a trip to 1st Monday.  For those of you not familiar with "First Monday", it's a HUGE flea market in Canton, TX that takes place the first Monday of every month, where a bunch of vendors set up booths and sell all kinds of things.  If you can't find it at First Monday, you haven't covered all of the grounds.  They even have a special area called dog town, which has animals other than dogs that you can purchase.  This market covers several acres of land and is a huge attraction that draws people from all over.

This was my 2nd trip to First Monday and Donovan's 1st.  My first trip was when I was pregnant.  I think I might have been about 5 mths along, so instead of walking much of the trip, I rented one of those motorized carts to spare my feet and swollen ankles.  I scored all kinds of goodies when i had gone a year ago for our little man...some of which, he hasn't even been able to use yet due to his age.

This trip was successful.  While I did not find anything for Donovan, we did find a few items we had been hoping to score.  We purchased a quilt for our bedroom and for Donovan's bedroom.  A couple of sheet sets that were 1600 thread count....so nice I might add!  I also picked up a couple of sharp kitchen knives, some all natural jewelry cleaner that cleans just about anything, and T shirt that I had a blinged out Texans logo put on.

Aside from the rain that morning, it wasn't a bad trip.  The weather just didn't want to cooperate.  I dressed Donovan for warm weather and after it rained it was humid, cool, and just muggy and nasty feeling.  I wore jeans so they were damp enough that they were sticking to me.  I won't even tell you how my hair looked....Haha!  Here's a few photos from our trip.
Little man gave me a big ole smile and i managed to get it!!!  Woohoo score 1 for mama!


Grandma Mitzi and Donovan before we left. Ready for the road trip with their shades on.



We passed by a vendor that had these puppets rigged to strings and they were all dancing and moving without manual manipulation.  He was really fascinated with them.




Daddy and Donovan checking out some cars and Train sets.



When Donovan was tired from sitting in the carrier, we put him in the papoose so he could look around a while...at least until our backs gave out. Haha!!!  We did a lot of switching back and forth.



We made a pit stop at McDonald's to use the restroom.  Grandma Mitzi and Donovan took this time to stretch their legs and get in a little play time.


All smiles....probably because we were almost home.  He has done really well for his 2nd long car ride, but he still doesn't care for his car seat for very long.


Frog leg anyone?

Content watching his Sponge Bob DVD.

No comments: