April 3, 2012

My Guilty Pleasure

When you become a mom, at least one who really focuses their attention on their child, you lack the "extra" time that you once had to do general things for yourself that you once did.  For me, this was watching all of my favorite TV shows.  And by TV shows, I mean REALITY TV.  Yes, I said it. (Don't judge me....it's my one guilty pleasure in life)....ok make that two.  I'm guilty as charged for enjoying a nice cold adult beverage every once in a blue moon.

BRAVO has become my go-to station (Thank God Comcast finally broadcasts in HD). 


I never thought this was going to happen.  Just a mere year or two ago i couldn't tell what all of the fuss was about when my hubby decided to get a giant screen tv that had HD (high-def), for those of you still trying to catch on.  Once you get used to this wonderful, clear picture it's quite hard to go back.

As I was saying, BRAVO has a wide array of shows that i enjoy:  Bethenny-ever-after, all of the Real Housewives, Tabatha Takes Over, Jeff Lewis designs.....i love them all. 






So I'm really thankful for DVR seeing as how i am hitting the ground running taking care of Donovan once i get home.

I really get a kick out of watching Bethenny Frankel.

Her witty comebacks and humor just crack me up.  I thought it was really cute that my son seemed to be mesmerized by her show long enough to sit still and he is only a little over 6 mths old.  He gets it! Haha
I guess one good thing about all of my regularly scheduled programs that i enjoy watching is that they all seem to come on around 9p.m. (central standard time).  This gives me time to put lil' D to bed and watch a re-run or my recording.

As a working mom, i'm thankful for Bravo...as silly as that sounds.  It gives me time to unwind and enjoy some senseless, light-hearted entertainment so i can brush off the days stresses after accomplishing all of my responsibilities for the day.  Lucky for me, there's always something new 5 nights a week!

No comments: