March 6, 2012

Sleep, Eat, Work, Parent, and Train

The title of my blog has become my repetitive lifestyle lately.  It's pretty much all work and no play.  Work is just that...work, i manage to get a decent amount of sleep most nights.  Some nights better than others depending upon how Donovan is sleeping.

In the 17 hours or so that i am awake during a day I manage to squeeze in a bite to eat.  I have to say i am pretty proud of myself.  I've been at my training routine with my personal trainer for about 2 weeks now and I've done really well with my journaling, daily food intake (staying strict with my diet), and following his guidelines.  I enjoy my training more than anyone can understand.  Although it's tough on the body, especially after delivering a baby, I need it so much to relieve stress from work and just the constant grind of our daily routine.  As a parent, as most anyone knows, you hit the ground running and don't quit until it's time for bed.  I'm lucky to have JD who's being so supportive of my efforts in getting myself back into shape.  He tends to the baby during those hours so i can spend a few hours doing my gym time.

My trainer, Larry, has been an amazing instructor for helping me regain my flexibility, endurance, and overall well being.  I used to get really tight in my shoulders daily and always ache and feel awful...but now that i'm working with him, I feel 150% better in terms of overall well being.  Minus the aches and pains of working your muscles and wear and tear on your joints....i do pretty well.    My knees have been bothering me a bunch...but we modify my work outs to let them rest and i'll be adding to my routine: icing down my knees, icy hot applications, and anti-inflammatory to my daily practices. 

Going on 3 weeks of training and I am starting to notice a slight change in how my clothes are fitting.  Larry says he notices a reduction in my weight within my face so far...but i don't see it.  I think another couple of weeks and i'll really start to see changes.  If i can stick with this....i think i'll be done with this struggle once and for all.

On a side note for anyone looking for some awesome protein bars here's a brand that my trainer turned me onto.  These literally taste like snickers bars (at least the chocolate selection does).  The peanut butter one isn't bad either.

No comments: