March 6, 2012

Pistol Packin Mama

JD and I from time to time go to the gun shows that are in town.  I haven't been to one in a while because the last few times i went to the Gem and Jewelry show with my mom.  JD and I had planned on getting our CHLs and taking the class together but i ended up getting pregnant and it's prob not the best thing to be shooting loud gunfire around a fetus. (Duh!)

So JD took his class and applied for his License.  It should be in any time now and I will hopefully be taking my class this year.  I still need to look for a gun for myself.  JD wants me to start off with a revolver, mostly because in an emergency there is less to mess around with....it's just a point and shoot and they are less likely to jam up also.

We went to the gun range this last weekend and I got to fire off a few rounds with our selections so i could see which i liked better.  I did shoot my mom's revolver but it had some serious recoil because it was so light.  I'd probably want a heavier gun than her piece.  Also got to practice shooting a 40 caliber and a baby eagle, along with a 357 magnum (the hand canon)...lol  The eagle was my favorite by far.  That will be a purchase for myself later on when i'm a little more seasoned.

Here's a few shots of JD at the range practicing.  He's dead on when it comes to striking the head several times in a row.

Maybe next time i'll get him to take a few pics of me. 

This is my target from my shooting session.  Probably my 2nd time shooting ever.  Not bad!

No comments: