I wish I had a picture to include with each blog just to make the blog a little more interesting...i certainly like visuals when I'm reading people's blogs. Today it will just be random thoughts.
I've come to realize i have a serious sugar addiction...all the more reason I'm trying to revamp my lifestyle change of the way i eat...not just a "diet". My previous blog told you a little about my hopes to cut back drastically in my diet so i could see some success in losing my weight this year. Part of the evil culprit has been sugar in my diet. I've come to agree with some of the recent things I've read that the biggest reason for obesity in our country is sugar. Not just the sweet stuff, but the carbs in just about every meal you prepare in the American diet and consume when you go to a restaurant. My vices have been Starbucks frappucinos (the kind you buy in grocery stores or at convenient stores that are cold milk like beverages filled full of sugar)....MMMmmm the creamy goodness! LOL Another temptation is soft drinks. I believe that whether you drink diet or not, you're consuming things that are not good for you...whether it be the 12+ tablespoons of sugar in each 12 fl oz. or the aspartame or other chemical ingredients in the diet...so i choose the tastier beverage that tends to pack on the lbs. If you're gonna do it, do it right...am i correct? Those are the two primary things i consume that are just empty calories of sugar continually adding to my hips, butt, and thighs...add to that the countless starches (bread, pasta, rice, chips, just about all Mexican food) that i eat throughout the week and it's no big secret why i don't lose weight. So there you have it....the demons i have to learn to let go. I'm hoping to embrace a more natural way of eating...some like to call it an "Atkins" style of eating...other's call it a "paleolithic" way of eating. Remove all the processed, starchy items from the American diet and there you have it...that's what i will be eating for the rest of the year. Sounds exciting, right?!?! LOL
On a completely different note, i went to Fashion bug yesterday evening since my husband so graciously watched Donovan for a couple of hours so i could try and spend my gift card that i received for Christmas. I'm in desperate need of clothes but i got to thinking why in the world would i buy clothes that i may not be able to wear but for a few months until i start having a reduction in my weight...not to mention it only encourages improper eating when i buy clothes that fit better in my current size. Perhaps running out of options will motivate the kick start of this weight loss. Besides that, my point was to rant about how annoying it is to go into a clothing store that carry larger ("plus" size) clothing and it's like the fashion goes out the window. No woman wants to wear something that should be draped from a curtain rod, laid over a table, or upholsters your grandmother's furniture. In the recent years the boom in fashion (i.e. Project runway and other numerous fashion reality shows)...can we not find someone who can design trendy & fashionable clothing to put in the "big girl" stores?? All the more reason I'm so ready to lose weight. So i ended up buying a few body shapers and some jewelry. I figure I'd like to keep whatever i end up buying at least several months rather than just a few.
And last but not least...after Fashion bug, i stopped at Ulta. Originally to look for the InStyler flat iron/curling iron combo that is on TV lately. Not sure if it's worth the money, but I'd like to give it a try. But of course, they were sold out so i ended up buying a new fragrance. I'm loving Beyonce's HEAT!!!!
More to come: BEFORE measurements...perhaps a BEFORE pic...kinda skeered on that one! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment