September 2, 2011

37 weeks, Day 6 (Recap of yesterday)

Days Remaining: 16

Yesterday i woke up feeling a little better than the day before. It took me a while to get my body up to speed so i wasn't aching so much in my lower back. I managed to make it to work. The incentive was a shorter work day due to a dr. appt at 3p.m. to get update on how things are coming along with the cervix.

Dr. appt went well. I arrived and the waiting room wasn't packed. Still managed to have to wait probably 20-30 minutes (nothing unusual). I was so tired i could have slept sitting up. They finally called me back and took my weight. No weight gain this week (that was a nice plus). Dr. said that progress is looking good. I'm dilated 1.5 cm, which is nice considering the past 2 visits there were no changes.

Stopped by the grocery store on the way home to pick up some raspberry tea. I've been told by dr. and a few other ladies this helps with the thinning of the cervix, so we shall see. I can't believe how expensive herbal tea can be. There were some that were as high as $15. I bought the $2 box of 20 bags. LOL I'm not crazy about flavored tea, so we will see if it does anything. Had my first cup last night. Wasn't bad...but had to boil the water, soak the tea bag and then ice down the cup so i wasn't drinking hot liquid....too darn hot for a hot beverage.

Yesterday the changing table came in. We ordered a small, mobile one on wheels so that bath times would be a little more convenient. Our bathroom is smaller than most, so i'm trying to organize and utilize what little space we have to do things. Sinks are far too shallow to do any bathing and i don't want to use the kitchen sink. We'll put the baby bathtub in the top part of the changing table and roll it over to the sink to try and get it done...or at least that is the plan. LOL

No comments: