August 29, 2011

37 weeks, Day 3....(19 days remaining)

So i will recap my weekend since i'm really bad about keeping up with this on the weekends:

Saturday - Mom and I woke up early and made several runs to different stores. I had some exchanges to do at BRU along with a gift card i still needed to use. We went to Target, Sams and had lunch with JD. I picked up the few remaining necessities for the baby's needs. I bought frames for his room so i could hang the maternity photos (those were assembled Sunday) so i should have photos to come probably by tomorrow. As if it's not hot enough down here it seemed like after we came out from Target the gates of hell just opened up. I can't believe how unbearably hot it is...or perhaps it's just me and being pregnant in the summer is the cause of my intolerance.

Sunday - JD and I spent some time together. We did our usual Carrabba's lunch (we absolutely LOVE that place)! Stopped by Best buy on the way home to price some things, then went home. It's even been so hot inside of our house lately and i believe it's because the back room attached to the house. It's an older home built in the 50's so that room i believe at one time was a porch that someone closed in. It wasn't possible at the time to vent the room when we put central air and heat in the house, so it's always been a different temp than the rest of the house. We decided to break down and just buy a window unit to help keep the rest of the house from working so hard to stay cool. Seems to be working well now. I'm sure we will have lots of projects come winter time once it cools down. We will need to insulate the attic, possibly look at buying some of that film for the windows if they aren't already treated, and probably seal the floor in that back room and lay down some flooring like lino so the weather can't effect the inside temperature as much. Always a project to be done when you are a homeowner...LOL

JD finished Donovan's lettering above his crib. I went to sleep last night since i have work this morning, so he must have been wired too much to go to bed. I heard tapping at like 3AM coming from the baby's room. He told me to check it out this morning before i left for work. Did a great job too! (Pics to follow)

Pregnancy woes - This weekend for some reason i was having a lot of pain in my back (way more than i normally have). Not sure if it's due to the ligaments stretching or spreading in the pelvic area preparing for labor. Anyway, i was miserable Saturday night. I did so much running around this weekend trying to tie up loose ends before Donovan gets here that the swelling has increased tremendously over the weekend. Had to take my wedding band off and put my feet up more on Sunday.

Hoping that this work week flies by quickly, and that the house stays cool enough to keep me comfortable. Only thing i have left to do at this point is pack my hospital bag and take care of some more things in the house (just organiziational stuff). Here's hoping these next 2.5 weeks go fast and that he's not terribly late.

No comments: