I'm expecting this weekend or early next week to be busy around the house. We bought cabinets during a Memorial day or labor day sale not long ago and we've stored them in the back room until we could put the money together to redo the kitchen. We still need to purchase a Kitchen Counter top, Faucet fixtures, and a light.
It will probably be a 4 day remodel. Right now, I'm boxing up everything, but the kitchen sink....hahaha i guess that phrase is applicable now. I'm having to do it a couple of boxes at a time when i get off work in the evenings.
I'll be posting before & after pics pretty soon. It's going to look dramatically different, since the original cabinets in the kitchen were painted over with a very light color. The kitchen looks very cold with the color scheme, so we are warming everything up with earth tone colors in the floor, walls, and cabinetry. I'm hoping that we do not run into any unexpected problems within the structures of the wall.
One day will be allotted for us to redo the electrical wiring ourselves. More to come as we finish. This should finish up the remodeling for the entire inside of the house. We will begin slowly make changes to the outside in the future: extend the driveway to accommodate 2 cars wide, build a deck in the back yard and possibly a covered porch in the front.
Lots to do to make our happy house a home.
No comments:
Post a Comment