I haven't been able to take time to blog lately so I have a lot of catching up to do. Our life isn't too eventful so my blog won't be a book.
Since my last blog, I'm sure i still had my foot injury and was wearing my walking boot that the doctor prescribed me. I wore it for about 2 mths. and finally got to remove it so i could start wearing a shoe. My foot is still very weak and I'll probably need physical therapy to strengthen the muscles and tendons back up. Right now i can't wear any dress heels that I normally wear to work, so for the past month or so, I've been living in a tennis shoe.
We've been waiting to get our hall way floors and kitchen floor redone. The tile that was originally laid in the hallway started to crack. Well more like the grout was crumbling. We quickly figured out that the hardiboard we were told to use was not thick enough to support the tile, so the weight caused the grout to start separating. We should have new floors within a month or so. The bathroom will have to be redone also. Home repairs suck!
JD had a follow up with his doctor after his last colonoscopy. Remicade is not working like the doctors expected. JD's been on the dosage now for about a year. We were given a couple of options, but decided to pass on the research drug. At this point it's too risky to play around with and I'm not keen on the idea of it possibly causing brain damage. So we think JD will be starting a double dose of remicade on his next visit. At this point we are hoping that the remicade will help prolong things until he can schedule a surgery for next year. We are waiting on time to build up leave and try to get some things paid off.
My job responsibilities have picked up quite a bit. I don't ever have a free moment. I'm hoping that with increased responsibility comes increased salary soon.
As of July 14th, 2009, I lost a very dear friend of mine to cancer. I've become very close to her and her family. They all have made quite an impact on my life and I pray that God will give them the strength to get through this hardship in their lives. It saddens my heart to lose someone so special, but I learned a lot from this friend. She taught me lessons in family, character, strength and how to appreciate life. I hope that i can continue to move forward knowing that each day is a gift and not get caught up in the routine of LIFE so that i can stop to enjoy each moment I'm given by God.
I will try to keep my posts more updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment