Well this Friday I will be having yet another follow-up appt. for my broken foot. I'll be having an X-ray and the Dr. will tell me if I'm allowed to get rid of the walking boot. This whole process has been a slow one, and I hope to never have any more broken bones (I think I've had my share for my lifetime..e.g. 2 broken wrists, and 1 broken foot).
The doc told me to bring a shoe, so I'm hoping my size 8 still fits. I didn't have much luck this last weekend while i was looking at buying some new tennis shoes (size 8). It fit really snug, so I'm not sure if there was still some swelling or if my newly healed foot is going to require a half size larger in footwear. I pray that is not the case, because i have too many cute shoes to get rid of.
I'm hoping in a few months I'll be able to tolerate a kitten heel. My ankle and foot muscles are very weak from not using my foot a whole lot, so I'll probably need to do some exercises to strengthen the muscles. In the mean time, it's still very sore and I'm not sure if that's because it's not use to having any weight distributed on it, so it's probably going through an adjustment to being used again.
Looking forward to the summer so i can use a pool to start strengthening things back up and working towards my next goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment