Well after a heck of a time trying to get cooperation from the doctor i went and saw initially about my broken foot, I decided to switch doctors. It was taking way too long to get them to sign the application for a handicap hanger for my car so i don't have so far to walk to get into work, they wouldn't answer the phone very often or return my calls. I went and saw the 2nd doctor on May 1st and this doctor doesn't see a need to jump into surgery.
I've been issued a walking boot for 4 weeks to allow the bone to heal and still able to bear a little weight on that foot with the assistance of crutches. I'm very slow at getting around that way, but i want to still be able to use my legs and walk some instead of relying solely on the wheelchair.
I have a follow-up appt. May 15th. Lord willing, this boot will do the trick. The doctor thinks as long as i follow instruction using the boot i should have a good recovery without surgery, however if the bone shows no signs of healing or not as much progress as they'd like after 4 weeks, they'll consider doing surgery.
I'm ready to get this whole process over and back to normal so i can get around easier and stop having people wait on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment