April 24, 2009

Latest update

Well, it's been a while since i've update you all on what's going on with us. JD and I scheduled a small vacation getaway (just an extended weekend Fri-Monday) to Sunny Boca Raton, FL. He has a childhood friend that lives there and so we decided to head out there and visit. The weather was beautiful. It was painful to have to come back home...i've never seen such beautiful weather, climate, etc...but literally, it was painful to come home.

We arrived in FL Friday afternoon and Saturday evening i ended up breaking my foot. We were out shopping around the area sort of a strand-like environment (think Galveston), and I stepped off the curb and didn't realize it sloped. I was wearing flip flops so i lost my footing and fell hard to the concrete. My weight must have completely shifted onto that foot. I couldn't put any weight on it after that, so for the next day and a half i was using crutches to get around and wearing an ace bandage icing it whenever i could.

I'm back at home now, and finally saw the doctor on Tuesday. After a few x-rays, the doctor says it's definitely broke. I'll be having a day surgery to put a screw in so the bones will heal closer together and then most likely wear a cast or splint 6 weeks after that. I'm hoping to be back up and running, or well walking anyway, and returning to a normal lifestyle. Using crutches is so tiresome, so i'm in a wheelchair to make getting around easier.

I've broken both my wrists before, but this is the pits not being able to walk. I'm definitely thankful i have two working legs. Although it's interrupted some of my plans for May, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery. More updates to come...

No comments: