February 16, 2009

Post Surgery Update

Sleep deprived!!!
What is it about hospitals that seems to suck the life out of you?? I'm definitely tired to say the least, but JD was a real trooper today.

We arrived at the hospital at 6 a.m., went through admitting to get signed in and fill out all the preliminary paperwork and pay the hospital, of course. JD was finally taken to prep before the procedure around 8:30, so his mom and I went down to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. It was a busy day for clear lake hospital. The waiting room for day surgeries was pretty busy, some who received normal outcomes and some whose friends and family were receiving not-so-good news.

This waiting period can drive you up the wall when all you can do is sit and wait. 3 magazines, 4 cell phone games and numerous text messages later, the doctor came in and told us that JD's procedure went well and some of the areas they were concerned about turned out normal and had no signs that would alarm them of further issues going on. This was absolutely GREAT news for us considering everything he's been dealing with has been one bad thing after another. He'll definitely be recovering for about a week and a half (minimal) and hopefully start feeling like his old self again.

Today I learned, even more, how important the role of friends and family play in our life. I've been fortunate enough to have the support of my mom and mother-in-law during JD's health obstacles and their help has been tremendous. As an unexpected surprise, my best good friend, Amanda, came by the hospital today with her beautiful baby girl (who always makes me smile) and it brightened my day and helped break the monotony of the waiting room experience.

I've attached a few pics of JD (at least the ones i was able to capture...he hates it when i try to take pictures of him) and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that he desperately needed a hair cut and a shave, but I love him all the same and thought why not document the day. These turned out to be great photos because he smiled in the few that i took...or maybe not smiled...more like laughed because i was acting a goof ball, but how else to lighten up going into surgery than by cutting a few jokes and having a goof ball of a wife?

The last one was a picture of Tux that I took when we got home. He really missed his "best bud" and could tell something was up. Jd went straight to the bedroom to lay down and sleep most of the day and tux paced the hallway, meowing and trying to get in the room. Finally I got him to calm down and lay down in the living room in what we call his "hammock".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Thanks for the updates :-) I'm sure you don't know that I check up on you here quite frequently! I'm glad everything went good today and everyone is home safe and sound. Ya'll are always in our prayers and I love you!

I'll call you later in the week, I'm going to come see Rosalia and the new(est) baby, Aaron, who is a week old today. Maybe I can bring ya'll dinner or somehting!

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything is going to be ok. I hope he gets well soon. It was good to see you this weekend. Thanks again for coming to my shower. I can't wait to bring the baby down so everyone can see him.