February 12, 2009

My day at work & plans for this weekend

Today has felt like a Friday all day! I don't know if it's been because the day flew by (wait a minute...those never go by fast) or because it was a day of laughter. Most of the "work" done today was trying to find out information, so in reality, I feel like I really didn't get anything accomplished. One of our co-workers is going to Iraq to work for 6 mths. and we had a send off "dessert social" to bid him farewell for the time being. Lots of yummy treats were brought: 2 italian cream cakes (and for the record, they will NEVER be as good as my friend Roseanne's), Eclair cake, biscotti, Valentine's day cookies, and Lemon Pie. I did really good. I only had one piece of Eclair cake and a strawberry from the top of the Italian Cream Cake. Anyhow, lots of laughter and joking for the afternoon took place and we had a good send off for him.

JD called me today to let me know the doctor's called and said his procedure will be Monday morning. We plan to go in at 7 AM to do all the preliminary stuff and surgery will take place at 9AM.

My weekend is looking like it will be full of action. I have a delightful baby shower to attend, which is being thrown for my good friend Apryl and I'll most likely get to see my friend Roseanne (who it seems like i haven't seen in forever since she retired). I miss her!

You never really realize how special "good" friends are, until they are no longer in your life as often. I'm looking forward to seeing both friends and getting through Monday's procedure with good news. Thankfully, Monday is a holiday for me at work (President's Day), so i'll be off already and won't have to miss anymore work than needed. I'm looking forward to catching up with my girls and trying to fit in some R&R. With any luck, Friday will speed by as fast as today did, or at least be as fun as today was.

No comments: