Well the last couple of days when I got home, I've been hearing some movement coming from our attic. Not just pitter patter of small feet scurrying across the way, but significant movement, like some rodent is moving furniture above us. It's funny, in some small way, because it really gets a rise out of our cat "TUX". He starts freaking out and acts like he's on the hunt.
Lately because of the magnitude of weight moving around from the ceiling, it definitely makes me lean towards the idea of a racoon living above us. Our Texas racoons down here get larger than an adult cat and trust me, they eat well.
I'm not really sure how they would even squeeze their fat body in that space. We don't have any openings (that i know of), other than those old ventilation things that spin, which are usually on older homes. If they managed to get through that device, I'm impressed. My only other consideration would be that a possum made it up there. But it's only at night! So they are a nocturnal creature.
So I'm sure SOON, we'll need to get up there and set a trap for whatever creature is making itself at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment