February 19, 2013

My Funny Valentine

Valentine's Day....a day of love, flowers, chocolates, romantic dinner and a movie, and spending time with your sweetheart. 

Those days are slightly modified after having a child. 

I will be the first to brag that my husband is the world's best at recognizing and appreciating his woman...(clearing throat)...that'd be me!!!  I went to work after a long sebaticle during the first half of the week from staying home with my sick little guy (my son).  He seemed well enough by Thursday that he wasn't producing green nastiness from his nose and no fevers and such, which would normally keep him from daycare.  So off to work I go and daycare he went on Thursday.  I started to feel slight effects of a sore throat etc...that come from all the germies around the house with little man running every where.  After picking him up from daycare and getting a report that he slept twice and was practically falling asleep on all of the toys I felt like maybe i took him back too soon.  His energy levels were really low and you could just tell he didn't feel 100% yet.  This was our playtime once i got home.  He might look like he's feeling perfect, but it took a lot to get him to smile...hence all of the goofy looking faces i am making.    So here is my sweet little Valentine once we got home.



The hubs was very sweet and got me a day of pampering.  Gift certificates to my nail salon and a 1-hr massage, and after the exhausting first half of the week with all the illness going around....I'm really going to enjoy it.  I'm still waiting to take him to get his gift.  He's literally the hardest person to shop for!!!

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day with those you love,
Jenny




No comments: