June 20, 2012

Exhaustion at its Highest

I don't know what it is with me lately, but I'm finding that my drive for a lot of things... work, health, sleep, just daily living are at an all time low.  I get up, (never early enough I might add), always in a rush for everything, which leaves me running behind.  My life is a series of keeping up.  Keeping up with the daily grind...keeping up with just making it through each day.  I'm in deep pursuit, or at least i want to be, to find my motivation.  It's totally skipped town.  I know what i need to do to keep my health in check and improve my well being, but every day I repeat the same routine of sugar consumption to spike my insulin levels so that I can wake up in the morning and get the ball moving with work and just making it to 5 o'clock.

Never am I eating a healthy breakfast or lunch for that matter.  It's usually whatever is in my nearest reach or is cheap enough to get out of the vending machine.  By the time I get home, i'm still exhausted and the second my feet hit the floor after I walk in the door, it's mommy mode in overdrive.  Everything is and has to be about Donovan.  And that's perfectly fine with me.  The ONLY joy I find right now IS Donovan and JD.  But I need to find myself again.  I want to care about me again.  I blame this partly on the PPD, but I know a big part of this mess is due to my lack of....I'll let you fill in the blank on the last part of that sentence.  It really is a lack of everything right now.

Somehow, deep in my mind, I suppose that whoever is reading my blog is enough for me to have a sense of accountability.  If I could get in a habit of posting every day, which is typically just journaling, I think I'd be more likely to follow through.  So my promise to myself as of today is to make some goals (attainable goals within a short span of time...not just for instance "lose weight", but "lose 5 lbs by specific time frame") to try and reach so that I have something to work towards.  I will try to blog daily on them so I can stay aware of the areas that I am lacking and the areas, hopefully, I am exceeding.

A few things that are a must that I need to incorporate:
  • Earlier bed time (11:30 and beyond is just not helping)
  • Multivitamin ( I think I need this)
  • Preparing my food for the next day ( this is always a tough one...so i'm going to try my best).
Wishing you all a happy & healthy week (or what's left of it),
Jenny

1 comment:

vanessa's mom said...

Jenny being a mom and working full ime is hard work.I would encourage you to take some time for you and do something relaxing even if it is only 20 minutes or half hour.Then try to zone out everyone and everything at that time.Have done the baby plus work plus took courses at the same time so I know what you are talkng about.
Just know that your dad and I are concerned about you and are praying for you.Jenny when you wake up in the morning ask God to guide you and help you to maintain peace inside for the day.God cares about everything about our lives ....give it all to him.Love you sweetie and praying for deliverance from the PPD.God bless you and JD and our little man whom we all cherish.