February 10, 2011

Wiggle worm & Cold weather...

Yesterday was my ultrasound appt. I was starting to worry if I was actually going to have an appt. My original appt was scheduled for Feb 4th, but due to the bad weather we had that day and the ice on the roads, a lot of places were closed including my job. Yesterday i was in training most of the day here at work and we were actually let go early from work because of the possible weather we were going to receive later that evening. The word was freezing temperatures were suppose to roll in starting around 6 p.m. so our job was notified that the causeway was going to shut down to one lane starting at 3p.m.

I called around 3:00 to confirm that the ultrasound location was still planning to be open and they were, so off we went to our first appt. I'm not a big fan of this cold weather we've been having lately. It definitely was awful having to travel in it, but the outcome was very worth it. Here are the images we were given by Victory imaging center.


Here's the first photo of Baby Hymel. I am about 8wks and 4 days pregnant at this point.

I had a bunch of technical imaging they had to do before JD was allowed in the room. It was so amazing to get to see our little wiggle worm. The baby was quite active when the Leslie, my ultrasound Tech showed me the first image of the baby.

Here's the last image on the disc they gave us. Jd was allowed in the room a little later and got to see the baby on screen. We were not allowed to hear the heartbeat yet because it's too much for the baby's heart to hear the vibrations of what we hear of it's heartbeat. Leslie advised us that the heart rate was 178 bpm, which is really strong.

And here we are outside in the lobby about to leave. Mom had to get a photo of us there before we left. I'm holding the CD that you get with the Ultrasound images.

No comments: