February 7, 2011

changes in plans

Well as of my last post a lot has changed. I started the 4 hr body program and was actually down 5 lbs in a week. The program was working well, aside from getting really tired of eating beans. lol I had to decide to come off of the program for now because JD and I found out early January that we are expecting our first child.

We are extremely excited to hear of the news and had a wonderful time breaking the news with the grandparents-to-be. I wanted to share the news with them in a special way, rather than just telling them, so i came up with the following ideas.


Here's Mitzi (JD's mom) after we gave her their cookie. She had just had foot surgery so we told her it was a get well gift. She was definitely surprised when she opened it.


Here are my mom and step-dad receiving their cookie cake. I was so close to this being a surprise except i happened to run into my mother at the mall as i was heading back to the car with the cookie cakes.


I ended up calling my dad and step-mom to tell them the news that night because i didn't want to wait until i could do something special for them. They live in Ft. worth so the timing would have been much later by the time they found out and we all know news travels fast. lol My dad was gracious enough to play along and went to pick up their surprise at the mall in Ft. worth after i called in the order. I asked him to take a picture with the cake and they did one better...they actually look surprised. Hahaha.

Here's a close-up of their cake.

No comments: