January 9, 2009

Starting off 2009

Well I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and you all are ready to make 2009 a great year. It's really hard to believe that we are 9 years into the new millenium. I can't remember the Y2K celebrations and concerns like it was yesterday. I'm sure many of you have made your new year's resolutions. I just call them my own "personal" goals. I'm not very good at sticking with them though. I, overall would just like to make some lifestyle changes. I want to vow to become healthier. I want JD and I to start making more vacation time for ourselves...even if it's just things to do on the weekends. My usual routine has been staying at home either doing housework or watching tv. Not too exciting, right??

I started the end of last year finally transitioning to a permanent government employee instead of being in their student program. Now that i have that stability in my life, i'm trying to focus on learning as quickly as possible to move up within my agency. My Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays were wonderful. I spent it with all of our families and received gifts that I wasn't expecting. The weather hasn't been that great, so we didn't get a lot of opportunities to take the bike out. Seems like the weather is only nice during the weekdays when we are working. JD ended up being rather sick on new year's eve, so we just stayed in and watched DVD's and snacked a bit. This was probably the first time we missed our annual family bonfire at his uncle's house.

My goal for this month is to drop 10lbs. and see some new movies that make it to the theater this month. I'm in desperate need a girl's night out too, so if anyone's up for it, let me know. Hope all of you and your families are doing great!!!

No comments: