I never seem to have anything different or new to brag about, so I figure this would be a great time to write about something that's been an addition to my life. I have a wonderful friend named Amanda, who's been one of the most involved people in my life out of all my friends, in the 10 years that I've known her. She was my maid of honor at my wedding, threw my bachelorette shower and has been an overall wonderful person in my life, that I love dearly.
Recently she delivered the most beautiful baby girl that will just take your breath away. I've been around a lot of babies before and I've always truly loved children. But I feel a different closeness that I haven't felt before. I've had a few bad days in the last few weeks and seeing Ava just makes things so blissful that I forget whatever my worries are. I'm so happy for my friend and I know she's going to be the best mother to her little one. Life changes at a certain point in your existence as you get older.
I kind of feel like I've been in a dense fog over the past few years and it's slowly starting to lift itself. This is probably the first time I've ever felt that "pure joy" that people talk about when they experience a new child being brought into this world. It changes EVERYTHING!!! Although I don't have any little ones of my own yet, I am certain that soon I'll get to experience my own personal joy and the world will never quite seem the same. I'm thankful for the different perspective that little Ava has been able to show me. There are so many remarkable things to be thankful for, and my friends and family are among the highest that I truly appreciate!
1 comment:
Awww, that's sweet!
Post a Comment