February 8, 2012

Weekend fun & Letting Loose

This past weekend, Donovan stayed at my mom's (maw maw's place).  He had a 2 day sleep over.  During this time i had every imaginable thing going through my head of what i wanted to get done around the house with all of that free time.

Friday: I had some quality time with the hubby.  Had some dinner and then just relaxed.
Saturday: I woke up later in the morning (caught up on some beauty sleep), then met with JD for lunch.  I tried a new place called Skippers.  JD has already eaten there many a time, but i kept hearing him talk about it so we went there.  I had breakfast since they serve it all day, and boy was it yummy!

This was my omelette and potatoes, but i didn't even think to take a pic until i had devoured half of it already. It was SOOOOO good!

After we ate lunch, i went by Specs to pick up some alcohol for Superbowl sunday. Then i went to check out some resale/goodwill type stores to see if i could salvage anything at a bargain price. I was looking for some used frames that i could revamp or redecorate. Here are the items i scored:
  • 2 Wreaths for $6 total
  • laundry organizer for my iron, ironing board, and starch cans...think it was like $2.99
  • a really nice shelf that i believe wasn't intended for a shelf.  It had a large napa valley stamp on the   side.  I assumed it was used for wine, but it's too shallow to place wine bottles in.  However, it will make a perfect bathroom shelf for my perfumes, polishes, and other small items once i give it a makeover.
  • I picked up about 5 frames of different sizes and frame border width.  Still deciding on how i want to use them or what room i will put them in, but i'm sure Pinterest will inspire me to make them look pretty!  (The most I paid for a frame was $10 and it was the largest i picked up.  The others were about $3-4 each.)

Finally i went by Lowes to get the spray paint to redo the frames and shelf.  Then we got cleaned up and we went out and had dinner with some friends and then a night of karaoke and drinks. 

Sunday:  was the superbowl and we spent most of the day at my mom's.

No comments: