Sundays are usually the only day JD and I have off together so we make sure not to plan anything else on those days so we can spend the day together with Donovan. Usually our day consists of us having lunch somewhere and then we always end up at Baybrook mall shopping. Why we go to the mall, i have no idea. I'm not normally a patient person when it comes to crowds. I wanna get moving and get where i need to be pronto! So the mall walkers who meander around as if they are slow cattle as they window shop just bug me, especially when your little man is not in the termperment of being strolled around.
Donovan tends to hate being cooped up in his car seat. I look foward to the day he can sit in the stroller facing forward so he can look at everything. He's quite the alert and curious child, so laying and sleeping is not his favorite thing to do. I picked up a few pieces of jewelry at Buckle while JD was looking at clothes. Since I still have the baby weight on, nothing in that store will fit me anyway, so i gravitate towards accessories!
This was after we had been to eat at Twin Peaks, went to Baybrook Mall, then to Cavendars Boot City and finally passed out in the parking lot of H-E-B while daddy was picking up some groceries.
I catch myself saying..."I can't wait until he can" and I am starting to realize that although i am excited about his development and all of the fun things to come, i need to enjoy the small moments as they happen and live in THAT moment and soak it all up because one day i'll look back and he'll be all grown up.
This is the photo that made me stop and realize i need to live in THAT moment. He was sleeping and holding my finger tightly. Warms my heart!
1 comment:
Yes, you always have to remind yourself that these little moments will be over way too fast. Let him be a baby for as long as possible.
Post a Comment