Well I've had my blog a little over a year now and I'm just getting familiar with adding videos. I wanted a camcorder for my birthday about 2 years ago because i wanted to be prepared for when we decided to have a baby. Although my life hasn't been exciting enough to call for recording it (nothing memorable worth documenting), I'm really getting to break in my camera now.
I still need to become a little more familar with downloading from my camera to the computer and then uploading from my MAC. I find it funny because my iphone sometimes is easier to work than my MAC computer at home. Regardless, i'm a little slow and figuring it out and now that i'm comfortable enough, i rarely have time to sit in fron of the computer to do my media sharing.
This past birthday, my mom got me a tripod. I had been mentioning that i wanted one because I'm always taking photos or videos of Donovan with JD, but i don't want to look back 20 years from now and all my pictures are of my baby and everyone else. So this tripod has been a blessing. I had the best of intentions using it Thanksgiving since we always have Thanksgiving at my house and my mom and mother-in-law were kind enough to do all the cooking and bring the feast to my house this year since we have a little one. I charged my camera and had it ready to film our day together. However i set the camera up on my tripod and everybody starting making comments about "you're going to film us stuffing our faces"? I'm thinking, yeah why not? Anyway, i chose not to make anyone feel uncomfortable so i didn't record. My lonely little camera sat bored mounted on top of the tripod.
I really used it for the 1st time this Christmas. I got to set it up before Donovan woke up and had it ready to go. We opened our gifts as a family on Christmas eve morning before going over to my mom's house that evening. Christmas day was just going to be too hectic since we had two stops to go to that day. I'm so thankful for this tripod, that way we can capture our memories as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment