Yesterday was April 21st 2011, and i had a follow up with my OBGYN doctor. Everything seems fine with the pregnancy so far and I'm doing well in terms of how i feel. I'm in my 19th week so i'm almost half thru my pregnancy. It's gone by pretty quickly to tell you the truth. I feel as though we still have so much to do in terms of getting the nursery ready. I have to brag on JD though a little bit. I couldn't have asked for a better husband during this time. He has been so supportive and considerate of my needs. He makes extra trips the grocery store if we need something or something needs to be tended to around the house, he sees that it gets done if i'm not feeling well. It's made me very appreciative of what i have.
Part of preparing the nursery has required me to search forever on the internet and in stores for various options of crib bedding to find the one that I like. Before we found out the sex of the baby, I was looking for a couple of options in boy and girl bedding just so we were ready to go with a color to paint the room. I truly can't understand why boy bedding is so much less appealing than girl bedding. Finally, i found what i was looking for. I despise pastel colors and wanted a room that would provide lots of color and was bright and cheery. I will provide some pictures once the nursery gets a makeover. It takes about 4-6 wks for the crib to arrive once it's ordered so we are going to be under a time contstraint to get it done pretty soon before the crib arrives.
Along with researching baby bedding options, i picked up a name book at the 1/2 priced bookstore one day before a dr. appt. so i could begin looking for name options. We were pretty much set on the name Donovan if it was a boy, but i had no clue where to begin with naming a girl. I think God knew i needed a boy, because the poor girl would have probably left the hospital without a name if it were up to me. LOL Anyway, Donovan was decided upon because JD's family has a tradition (at least the last 2 generations from what i know...his dad and him) have used the middle name for the first name of the child. So JD's dad was Marty Joseph, and my husband is Jospeh Donovan. We finally decided upon the name Reese for the middle name. It's a good strong name that has been used on both sides of our families. So in September, when the baby is good and ready...we'll be more than pleased to welcome Donovan Reese Hymel into the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment