May 22, 2008

My Battle

So all my life i've constantly struggled with weight. Growing up as a kid, I wasn't trained or taught that moderation is the key. Summers were spent snacking on bags of chips and soda in front of the TV and as I grew into an adult I carried these bad habits with me (not necessarily snacking on junk food, but not knowing when enough is enough). So I've found myself at a crossroads at 27 years old. If i continue to head down the path i've been going, I could cut my life short. I most certainly not happy with my body at this point in my life, but my worry lies deeper than the surface. I already have a husband who is constantly battling with his health and I know i need to be here to support him. So it's time to stop making excuses and put myself to work.

I joined 24 hr. fitness in Early December of 07' and went religiously for a month until school started. My struggle has mostly been food. Although I don't enjoy pushing myself (at this point to get used to being active) keeping my routine has made it more enjoyable and I know i will come to love making it a part of my life. School ended mid-May and I started back at the gym with a fire like i've never had before. I decided to buy one of those "Bodybuggs" that tracks the calories you burn and consume. So far this little piece of technology has proven itself to be wonderful! I start May 17th ( logging my food electronically on the website) and have been going to the gym everyday for about 1-1.5 hrs. I've lost 5 lbs. already so i'm hoping to see tremendous results. My goal is to reach 135 by next May (09'). I know I should be able to reach that if I stick with it. Mostly I'm hoping that this will teach me to make this process a way of life rather than a temporary solution.

I'll plan to blog my success as I lose!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on this plan! It is something that you will be able to see results with and you will be very happy in the end.